Are you a young Bangladeshi scientist or engineer seeking to advance your education and research in the field of science and technology? The Bangabandhu Science and Technology Fellowship is there for you! Launched in honor of the country’s founding father, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, this prestigious fellowship program is designed to support the development of highly skilled and innovative scientists and engineers in Bangladesh.
- Bangladeshi citizens who have finished their undergraduate or graduate studies in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) fields are eligible for the fellowship.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.25 on a 4.00 scale or equivalent.
- Applicants should have a strong research background and show a clear research plan in their application.
- Candidates must be under the age of 40 for an MSc and 45 for a PhD as of the application deadline.
- The applicants should be able to show that they are committed to the research project and that they can finish it within the time frame of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be willing to return to Bangladesh following the completion of the fellowship.
- The Bangabandhu Science and Technology Fellowship requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 overall.
Benefits of the Fellowship:
- Selected fellows will receive a generous stipend, as well as funding for research and travel expenses.
- The fellowship allows recipients to conduct research at leading institutions around the world, providing access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, and the opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in their field.
- The program also provides valuable international exposure that can benefit fellows in their future careers.
- The fellowship is also a great opportunity for Bangladeshi scientists and engineers to contribute to the development of their country by solving problems related to the country’s economy, society, and environment.
Research Topics Covered Under the Fellowship:
The fellowship covers a wide range of research topics in the field of science and technology, including, but not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science
- Materials Science
- Energy and Environment
- Agriculture and Food Science
Applications for the Bangabandhu Science and Technology Fellowship are typically open for a few months each year. The Ministry of Education will make the official announcement of the dates. But approximately, the application process for the Bangabandhu Science and Technology Fellowship opens in April and closes in June each year.
Candidates should submit their applications along with all the required documents through the official website of the ministry.
The application procedure for the Bangabandhu Science and Technology Fellowship typically involves the following steps:
- Check eligibility: Ensure that you meet the criteria for the fellowship, such as being a citizen of Bangladesh and having a strong academic record in science and technology fields.
- Find a mentor: Identify a mentor who can support your application and provide letters of recommendation.
- Prepare application materials: Gather necessary documents, such as transcripts, CV, research proposal, and language test scores.
- Submit online application: Complete and submit the online application form, which includes personal information, educational background, and research interests.
- Wait for results: After submitting the application, wait for a decision from the selection committee. Successful applicants will be notified and provided with further instructions for accepting the award.
Note: The specific application procedure may vary slightly from year to year, and it’s important to check the official website for the most up-to-date information.
Don’t miss this opportunity to take your research and career to the next level with the Bangabandhu Science and Technology Fellowship! Apply today, and you’ll open the door to a world of science and technology opportunities.
Relevant References or Links:
Ministry of Education (Bangladesh): MoE
Bangabandhu Science and Technology Fellowship:
Md. Mustaqim Roshid
Department of Business Administration (BBA)
Varendra University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh